Frequently Asked Questions
What are bioidentical hormones (BHRT)?
Bioidentical hormones are manufactured to have the same molecular structure as the hormones made by your own body. Synthetic hormones are intentionally different. Drug companies can’t patent a bioidentical structure, so they invent synthetic hormones that are patentable (Premarin, Prempro and Provera being the most widely used examples). Although bioidentical hormones have been around for years, most physicians are unfamiliar with them. There are several branded versions now available for use in the kind of hormone replacement therapy (“HRT”) typical of synthetic hormones. This is generally a one-size-fits-all dosage regime.
Who needs BHRT?
Individuals who suffer from PMS, menopausal/andropausal symptoms, loss of sex drive, chronic fatigue, insomnia, anxiety, depression, headaches, weight gain, persistent pain, or many other common conditions could benefit from our BHRT program.
Are bioidentical hormones better than synthetic hormones?
We long ago concluded that the answer to this question is yes. But that doesn’t mean bioidentical hormones are perfect. The great appeal of bioidentical hormones is that they are natural, and our bodies can metabolize them as it was designed to do, minimizing side effects. Synthetic hormones are quite strong and often produce intolerable side effects. Moreover, the compounded bioidentical hormones can be matched individually to each person’s needs something that’s just impossible with mass-produced products.
What are the benefits of BHRT?
Our BHRT program provides many benefits for patients with hormonal imbalances including:
- Restored hormone balance and relief of related symptoms
- Improved heart health
- Increased bone production and prevention of osteoporosis
- Enhanced energy and sex drive
- Reduced wrinkles and improved skin tone
- Improved mental sharpness and better memory
- ASAMI – American Society of Aesthetic Medicine & Intradermal Mesotherapy
- ACAM – American College for the Advancement in Medicine Link
- ASLMS – American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery, Inc. Link
- AMMG – Age Management Medicine Group Link
- Fellow of American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine Link
- Member of Institute of Functional Medicine Link
- Health Freedom Foundation Link
- Menopause Symptoms Blog Link